When we make any kind of investment in our life, be it a house, a car, a sofa, we dedicate time and effort, we try to make it the best choice, because at the end of the day our money is at stake.
If we take into account that the above is replaceable, when we try to invest in our body and decide to take care of it using dietary supplements, we should apply a much more demanding and careful principle.
Everything that passes through our mouth will affect our health and, ultimately, our quality of life, so it should be subject to the strictest quality controls and excellence possible, whether it is the food we eat or the supplementation.
There is a wide range of products on the market, but how do we know if we are in front of a quality product? What questions should we ask ourselves when choosing?
Some important aspects to keep in mind are:
- The manufacturing methodology: cold production is very important for the preservation of vitamins and enzymes.
- The origin of the ingredients: that the research and development processes it has undergone are of the highest quality.
- Purity is also key: that the formulas do not contain artificial colors, flavors, fragrances or preservatives. It is also interesting to know if the manufacturer incorporates strict filtering to eliminate pollutants such as pesticides, mercury, lead, herbicides, etc. in its production.
- The binder: its function is to bind the ingredients together, but if it is also a formula of herbs, enzymes and plant phytonutrients (chemical products that originate naturally in plants), it will allow a greater assimilation of the active ingredients. On the contrary, if they are of artificial origin (even if authorized), they interfere with bioavailability.
- Transparency: if the manufacturer is willing to clearly inform the formulation of its products, so that any non-specialist can understand it, either through the web or in its own labeling, it is also a good indication of quality.
In short, the choice of a good complement must be responsible and, when in doubt, let yourself be advised by experts in the field, since it will affect your overall well-being.